Friday, April 22, 2016

How was Boston?


Since I've been back home, I've run into a few people who have asked, "How was Boston?" 
I've found it a bit hard to summarize the whole experience into an elevator speech, but as I have tried, I've boiled it down to this: 

It was a wonderful day- a tough race for sure but such a gift. Though I had trained hard and felt ready to give it my best, I got some severe leg cramps early on in the race, and for the last 15 miles I just had to gut it out.  But the thing that is amazing is that at mile 21 when I pulled over to stretch my calf that was killing me, a girl walked over to me and told me she was going through the exact same thing. Then we ended up shuffling along together despite the pain we both had. 
We were able to choose joy and gratitude together, and we were able to finish the race. 

Only God would send someone to me who was going through the exact same thing. 
Out of 30,000 people, he gave me Leslie Owens who had trained hard like I had, who had a similar qualifying time and who ran with me to the end and made it a remarkable day.  She's a keeper. 

I know so many people have stories about their Boston experience, but I'll have to say that I'll take this one as it reminds me how God loves us so much that he cares about the tiny details of our lives and orchestrates such amazing grace in our midst.   


No comments:

Post a Comment