Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A warm welcome in Rajahmundry

We are powering through jet lag and are so grateful to be here in Rajahmundry! 
arrival at the airport yesterday morning 

Taylor with Ratnakar's father 

Anna, Taylor and Emily with Ratnakar's parents 

our team with Ratnakar and Saroja Thota 

with Karri Samson and Rajkumar, two of the boys who have come through the Children of the Kingdom program 

 
amazing Indian food 

with Mrudula (Ratnakar's sister) hugging Tigger we brought for her

fellowship with kids last night 

The following liturgy was sent with us from our dear friend Kendra Allen, 
and they have been so encouraging and challenging to me. 

O Christ Who made Himself 
the Servant of All, 
I would set my heart 
and my affections upon you- 
and upon you alone, for I can only 
serve others rightly when such service 
is undertaken from first to last as 
an act of devotion offered to you. 
In serving you, I am freed from my 
need for the praise of others. So that
even if my kindnesses are shed from 
scarred hearts as rain from a sloped 
tin roof, my joy will not be dimmed, 
for I will know that you have received
and remembered each act of sacrifice, 
and reckoned it as love rendered to you. 
So let my love be sincere, 
and let my service be fearless, O Lord. 
I would serve in imitation of you, who 
poured out your life for me. I would serve 
knowing that your Spirit is ever at work in the 
lives of those I serve, ever calling, ever drawing, 
ever seeking to soften hearts encased in fear and 
disappointment and anger and idolatry. So let 
my kindness and sacrifice fall like warm shafts
of sunlight on icy ground. 
I cannot know the end of another person's story. 
Our lives so often briefly intersect. 
So let me be content to minister regardless of the visible 
outcomes, trusting that the small mercies I 
extend will be woven into the larger theme of 
redemption at work in the lives of others 
as you woo them to yourself, drawing their hearts
by graces offered, and shaping my own heart too
in this process of learning to serve well, and 
by learning to serve well, learning to love well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment