Sunday, May 25, 2014

Emerald City Run

This morning was the Emerald City Run and it was a BALL! 
I wore Kim Kredich's Glinda dress for the event to honor the good witch that she is. 
Carrying a wand and holding my dress up were an added workout, 
but I came in first in the Masters Division! (the perks of being old!) 


the iconic picture from the Knoxville marathon 2012 


Liam (my godson) saw this race advertised in January and he said that he thought it was made just for me. :) I've been so excited about this! 

before the race 

15 K later after we crossed the finish line 


bubbles were compliments of Anna who was blowing them in our direction 







a real Toto! 

with Liz who came to cheer us on in the awards ceremony 

with another amazing runner. 
(She read my back about Kim and told me that she too had just come through a year of fighting breast cancer. I had to take a picture with her as I got teary talking to her thinking about Kim...) 


These are the ladies who deserve the medal of courage!! 

costume contest for Dorothy (the guy in drag won!) 

lion contest 

tin man (woman) contest 

the Glinda contest 

my tribute to Kim this morning when they surprised me and gave me the microphone to share about my reason for running today 

treasured prize 

such a creative costume! 
(the tornado and the house) 










Elizabeth came in 3rd overall for the ladies and I won the Master Female award!!
Good thing she does not turn 40 until next week!! 







fleet feet 



No comments:

Post a Comment