Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Light at the End of the Tunnel


  
Elizabeth called me when I was on the bus to the start line... 
Such fun to FaceTime with her in Malawi just a bit before I started to run... 

best headlamp ever through the tunnel 


about 2 miles through the tunnel - so cool!! 

This is really one of the most beautiful trails I've ever run on... WOW is just about all I can say... and even though my calves and hamstrings were tight and screaming at me from right out of the tunnel until the finish line, these stunning views kept me going and I am so grateful for the huge gift of grace and grit that God gave to me today... It was so obvious to me that I was dependent on His strength every step of the way.   (I've had an hamstring injury the last 6 weeks or so of this training so I was not even sure I would be able to run today...) 

home stretch 

Anna crossed the finish line with me hand in hand... 


Whoohoooo!!!! Done in 3:39! (my PR!!) 


I knew that Jason and Anna would be at the finish and I was counting the miles at the end until I saw them.  (I also kept thinking that the amount of time that I pushed in labor to get Anna here was about the same amount of time that I was running this marathon....so I figured I could gut this race out just like the labor.... )  Best motivation ever to see these smiles at the finish! 

Anna brought fairy wings to the finish :) 

I sure love this girl.... 



After the race, I gave Anna one of my headphones and we listened to the song "Thank you, Baby."  I got a little teary thinking about how I was so grateful to be able to run even with the aches and pains I've had in the last 6 weeks of training and also today in the race.   The song only has one line in it-- "All I wanna say is "Thank you baby'."  (sung 11 times through and then the word Baby sung 51 times!)
My heart is full of gratitude for the gift of today.... to God be the glory. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment