Monday, April 23, 2018

I get to be the one

Today is the 23rd of April which means it's one month until Taylor turns 13... :) 

I heard a song recently by JJ Heller called "I Get To Be the One" and a few of the lyrics are below: 

I get to be the one to hold your hand
I get to be the one.
Through birthdays and broken bones
I'll be there to watch you grow
I get to be the one.

I had a moment this afternoon when I was filled with gratitude that I get to be the one who sends him off every morning with a blessing, who hears about rough days at soccer practice, who tries to listen and be his safe place, who takes him to Rain City Burgers to celebrate special days, who tucks him in at night, who reminds him in his own way that he is beautiful, beloved and enough... 
I certainly don't get it right all the time 
and need to have attitude checks and times to regain perspective. 
Some days this whole parenting thing seems crazier than others, 
but I'm giving thanks today that I get to be the one... 




No comments:

Post a Comment