Thursday, September 13, 2018

fortunately, unfortunately


 Fortunately, I bought our beloved gnome in the spring of 2017 in Nashville at Phillips' Toy Mart. 

Unfortunately, I did not think of getting this gnome earlier because just imagine so many more adventures he would have had with us. 


Fortunately, we have had a year and a half of fun taking him on hiking trips as our mascot and hiding him back and forth.  

Unfortunately, the gnome has had to endure some pretty extreme conditions to play along with our little game over the last 18 months. 

 
Fortunately, even when Anna hid him in a really touch hiding place, I still was able to find him.  

Unfortunately, some hiding spots don't turn out to be the best ideas. 


Fortunately, the other night, I was in the study while the gnome was inside the lamp. I smelled something strange and asked Taylor to come in to help me be a detective. He saw a little drip come from the lamp and we then turned the lamp over to discover the trauma victim.  

Unfortunately, this little guy had lost one of his eyes to the heat of the light bulb and he looks a little rough around the edges. 

Fortunately, I had gone to an estate sale on our street over the weekend and had found this EXACT gnome (brand new with tags) for sale for $1.50 and I bought him to be a back-up gnome. 

We are glad that back-up gnome will continue the fun with our family, but we are a little concerned he might be worried about his safety with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment