Sunday, December 23, 2018

Home for Christmas


a warm welcome from Lily and Molly last night 


Such a treat to see Susan Davenport (a beloved teacher and friend Glendale Elementary School). She was serving communion today at church at St. B's, and when I went up to take communion, she leaned over and gave me a kiss on my head. I got a little teary as it was such a sweet gift... Isn't that what Christmas and communion are all about- that God came down and gives us a tender kiss and welcome home? 

Caroline drove us back to her house after church--- oh my, they are so grown up!! 

   
When we went to the Allen's house for lunch today, we saw our beloved Halcyon house under construction, and we got to walk through since the current owners have moved out while the work is being done... 

I was so delighted to walk up the stairs and see that though most everything else in the house has been gutted and has a new floor plan, they kept this painting that Katherine did for us when we moved there in 2005. SO SPECIAL!! 





so grateful for such sweet friends here in Nashville!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment