Friday, December 4, 2020

Private Viewing Party

Last Friday and this past Tuesday, I got to film Anna dance her two parts for the Steadfast Tin Soldier. While it was really wonderful to watch her dance, I was so focused on getting the video just right so that she would have the footage she needed to turn in for the production.  I told Anna that as much as I loved getting to do that, I wished I could just watch without having a camera in hand so that I could really be present (like the experience of being in the theater).  She was very gracious and said she would be happy to perform the pieces again. I decided to ask Karena (the wonderful director of Dance Fremont) if Jason and I could go to the studio with Anna when it was not reserved and have a private viewing party, and she gave us this wonderful opportunity today when no one would be at the studio.  Anna did her hair and makeup and got to dress up in the costumes again, and we got to have a wonderful private viewing party.  Needless to say, it was really special to savor the moment and to watch our girl together. 





flowers for the swan 




flowers for the paper ballerina 




No comments:

Post a Comment