Sunday, December 20, 2020

Standing O!

R.J. Palacio wrote, “I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives” in the book Wonder

I recently watched this movie again with Anna and Taylor over Thanksgiving, and I came up with a crazy idea to try to pull this off and make this happen for Anna for her performance in the Steadfast Tin Soldier (Dance Fremont's annual holiday ballet) since she would not get to hear the applause of the audience this year. 

Friends and family sent me short (and spirited!) videos with claps and cheers as a surprise for Anna in the week before the show.  When it was all said and done, there were 82 video clips that I put together into a video which we showed to her right after the premiere of the show on Saturday night. 

I've now watched it 4 times, and I get teary each time seeing the people who rallied and who have been such a rich a part of our lives through the years. What an amazing community who showed up to make this such a joyful celebration of our dancer! 









No comments:

Post a Comment