Friday, September 23, 2022

Things I Could Not Have Predicted

As Taylor jumps into his senior year, I must say there are some things that he enjoys now that I could not have predicted. 

1) He turned into quite a good cook especially during the year of online school when he would cook amazing lunches during Spanish class, and now on Sundays, he generally cooks a big dish for the week and divides it into containers for his lunches for each day of the week to take to school. As I mentioned before, this is a big improvement from the bagels and cream cheese I used to pack for the kids when they were younger, and I never did anything like this when I was in high school! So impressive. (pictured below is grilled chicken and pesto pasta for this week) 


2) I am still pinching myself that Taylor has found hiking to be something he really enjoys. This summer, he surprised me by knocking out many tough hikes and beating us down some trails. Who knew he would get the "Happy Hiker" award after some memories of me having to practically carry him out of the Smoky Mountains! 



No comments:

Post a Comment