It is a beautiful thing when folks in poverty are no longer just a missions project but become genuine friends and family with whom we laugh, cry, dream, and struggle. One of the verses I have grown to love is the one where Jesus is preparing to leave the disciples and says, “I no longer call you servants…Instead, I have called you friends” (John 15:15).
Servanthood is a fine place to begin, but gradually we move toward mutual love, genuine relationships. Someday, perhaps we can even say those words that Ruth said to Naomi after years of partnership: “Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried” (Ruth 1:16-17). -Shane Claibornevisiting the table banking group at the Children of the Kingdom center
boys at the center (Patrick - one of the students we have supported is on the far left)
visiting a student in a village who is also named Emily who is on our waiting list
our Children of the Kingdom team
Ratnakar, Janet, Saroja, Veronica, Jecinta, Selina, Pauline, Petro, and David
crowning the staff in our meeting as we are all children of the kingdom :)
with Patrick (one of the students we have supported over the years)
International Team-- India director, US director, and Kenya director
visiting Sarah Esekon (Dalmas' wife) at their home
with Emily Lodepe
just for fun...
I found this packet of edible glitter in my backpack so we put it in our tea for the day.
Always a good idea to carry a little pixie dust in one's pocket!



No comments:
Post a Comment