Sunday, April 6, 2014

kindred spirits

There's something really special for me as a mom when I see our children enjoying friendship so much with the children of some of my dearest friends.  So thankful for the time with Kate Hailey who came to spend the night with us last night... 

a quick trip to Top Pot doughnuts for a special treat 
for our backwards dinner last night with dessert first! 

arts and crafts 


more bricks from the side of our house being transformed into bunnies 

“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. 
It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

“True friends are always together in spirit. (Anne Shirley)” 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

(and Poppy sure reminds me of this as we feel like we have the Haileys with us each day with this beloved bunny in our midst.) 


hearing Ruthie Hailey in her speech competition at the Greek Orthodox church this afternoon (the reason the Haileys were in town this weekend) 

    

I love these pictures I captured of Jodi listening to Ruthie give her speech today: 

Just like Anne Shirley (in Anne of Green Gables) found her longed-for friend in Diana Barry, I am thankful for the many years of friendship with Jodi and the longed-for friendship shared together.  

(“A what kind of friend?” asked Marilla.  “A bosom friend–an intimate friend, you know–a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul.”) 



No comments:

Post a Comment