Tuesday, August 8, 2017

entertaining themselves

This stage of life is very different when I need to run errands with Anna and Taylor. No longer do I need to put each child on a hip and balance them while trying to stand in line, and no longer do I need to get the grocery carts that look like little cars to keep them happy at the store.  These days, they either wait patiently in the car while listening to music if I have a quick errand or they come in and find ways to entertain themselves.  Last week, when I stopped by the paint store, they decided to play an epic game of hide and seek in the store.  While I was chatting away with the clerk, Taylor found the best hiding place, and Anna could not find him. We went to the car thinking perhaps he had gone out, and he texted us saying that we better find him!  Hide and seek has been brought to a whole new level with texting.  Anyway, Anna told me she must have walked by this aisle a number of times (see below), and she never saw him. Nothing like hiding in plain sight. 
Way to go, kiddos, for finding a way to entertain yourselves and for letting me get a few things done with you in tow... 


No comments:

Post a Comment