Tuesday, November 3, 2020

a prayer and a photo...

a prayer from Nadia Bolz Weber: 

Dear God, This week is a doozey. If anxiety produced a sound, it would be deafening right now. Open my ears to the sounds I need most: the wild geese overhead, Aretha Franklin’s Amazing Grace (1972); the sound of my friend on the other end of the phone; the sugar-high laughter of children who need us to dial down the doom. If fear could be seen, it would be obscuring everything else. Open my eyes to the sights that I need most: my puppy underfoot with a toy in her mouth, ready to play; the brightening of my neighbor’s eyes under their mask when I pass them in the stairwell; that sidewalk covered in an oak tree’s fallen leaves like nature’s confetti. If sorrow could be tasted, the bitterness would overcome me. Open my mouth to the sweetness I need: words of kindness; deep, unhurried kisses; and absolutely as much Ben and Jerry’s as I deem necessary. Help me remember that you are on the other side of Tuesday, no matter what. Amen.

And as usual, Poppy makes everything better so I wanted to share this photo today.....


No comments:

Post a Comment