Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Memorable Gifts

For Jason's 50th, Anna and Taylor nailed it with their gifts this year and made Jason a bit misty eyed upon opening them. 

Taylor gave him a mini photo album in which he showcased ticket stubs, business cards, and other memorabilia of things he and Jason have done together over the last few years.  I remember back in 2019 one evening when I was saying goodnight to Anna and Taylor that I spotted Taylor with something behind his back which he then quickly tucked into a little box on his desk. When I asked him what he was doing, he tried to hide it and would not tell me what he was up to without me pushing him a bit. He made me promise not to tell anyone, and then he revealed to me that he was saving things to make into a scrapbook or a collage to give to Jason on his 50th. I tried to act cool, but after leaving the room, I got a little teary seeing that he was thinking this far in advance (2 years at that point until Jason's 50th) to scheme about a gift for his dad.  



Anna really wanted to find something that would be meaningful and ended up googling "book about trees and architecture."  What she found with this search was a book called Wise Trees.  The description of the book is as follows: "Leading landscape photographers Diane Cook and Len Jenshel present Wise Trees—a stunning photography book containing more than 50 historical trees with remarkable stories from around the world."  This could not have been more perfect for Jason, and she and Taylor drove to Capitol Hill to pick the book up for him while we were in Leavenworth so she could surprise him with it on Friday night last week. 



These two blew me away with their thoughtfulness and kindness.... 
What more could we hope for on such a special birthday? ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment