Sunday, October 8, 2023

Chicago Marathon Recap 2023

What a special day here in Chicago with the gift of Anna, Jason, and my mom here to cheer along the way (along with the incredible crowds here in the Windy City).  While I had some pretty intense leg cramps to run through for a long stretch, my body gave me the gift of running with a smile through the miles and of finishing feeling strong.  I was grateful for quite a few fun quick stops along the way for photo ops to soak up the joy of it all (see below for some of them), and it was such a gift to run in honor of some wonder women in my life. 

favorite group text with my running friends this morning from my friend Paula....
to which Elizabeth responded, 
"At least Emily is not wearing high heeled boots, so that should be an advantage." 


start line bright and early 

wonder woman twin! 

mile 8 chicken 

favorite sign 

mile 13 cheering squad 

selfie! 

After passing Jason who was taking photos, I ran back to get these photos with him in a few! 
(So worth it!) 


Anna running with me a bit through mile 13 (as that was her mile!) 

another moment to run with Anna for a stretch right after mile 25 before the finish  

YAY!! 


sight for sore eyes after the finish 

strong support crew indeed 

let's keep it real-- going down the stairs backwards at the train station 

No comments:

Post a Comment