Friday, June 7, 2024

Graduation Day!

 

The day started with me getting to celebrate MY students..... 

morning undergraduate pinning ceremony with my students who interned in high schools this year whom I taught last fall (Krystle (UG Chair) and I are bookends for the 5 of them) 

with Holly (former neighbor) who is now married to Cam (who was in my class winter/spring quarters this year) 

with Jenna Osburn (undergraduate student I supervised and taught winter quarter) 

And then in the afternoon, I got to be in the student section for the graduate ceremony and got to walk across the stage myself with my theology classmates who were also graduating. 

waiting in line with Helen Bii before we walked to the ceremony 

with Rebecca Wegener


  


I brought bubbles to my graduation ceremony today.
I brought them as a way to celebrate the last four years of learning.  
I brought them as a nod to the delight shared in India.
I brought them because they are so full of joy.
I brought them as a way to give thanks.
Blowing those bubbles in the direction of the faculty on stage and
in the direction of some of the students in the audience
filled me up and reminded me that this is the stuff of heaven. 



with Dereck and Rachael Kamwesa 

and many thanks to Jason for enduring the HOT sun today and being there to cheer me on! 






No comments:

Post a Comment