Wednesday, August 7, 2024

a little reflection from last week in Montmartre



We took the Metro to Montmartre on Friday afternoon (7/26), and before we walked up the hill to see the Sacré-Cœur, Anna and I waited on the sidewalk while Jason went into a café. We watched people come and go, and I noticed a grandmother walking with her granddaughter. There wasn’t much to the interaction- they were speaking French so I could not understand what they were saying, but what I did notice was them holding hands and the beautiful attentiveness the grandmother gave to her granddaughter as they were talking. And something about it made me tear up- the simple gift we can give one another of delighting in being together, of letting go of distraction, and of being fully present in the moment with one another. (I admit that the cobblestone streets there in Montmartre and the Parisian vibe might have also added to the magic too.)



No comments:

Post a Comment