Sunday, August 25, 2024

If I quit my day job....

 

I got my bartender's license back in the summer before I turned 50 because one of the venues we were considering using for my dance party required me to have it if we were going to have wine there. I used it once to help out at an event at Union last year, and then a friend with whom I went to seminary heard through the grapevine that I had this permit and asked if I would bartend at her wedding. And it was such fun to get to be there to be a part of the celebration! 


with Caitlin (bride in white) and friends 

I brought my disco ball stir stick and my edible glitter to make the wine and beer I was serving extra special for the wedding. :) Folks loved it, so I figured that if I ever need to quit my day job, I can make this part of my signature bartending gig. :) 

so fun to get to celebrate there with Rachael (above) 



Rachael sent me these pictures today, and they are so fun as I did not know she took these photos. This little girl hurt her finger, and her mom came over to the bar to get some ice. I of course gave her a bag of ice but also put some glitter on on her finger, and I have a feeling that the glitter helped more than the ice! 


 
bubble send off! 





No comments:

Post a Comment