Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday afternoon ride

Yesterday afternoon, Jason took us on a mountain bike ride on some beautiful trails at St. Edward's Park.  It was really fun to ride behind Anna and Taylor and watch them crank up hills and power over roots and rocks.

 Since I was in the back, it was just fine if I decided to hop off and walk over a log or to push the bike up a super steep hill as I knew I was not going to be slowing anyone down.  I sure enjoy the time with our family outdoors on beautiful days like we had yesterday,  but I also know that I am not going to be entering any mountain bike races anytime soon. And, at this point, I am just content to go at my happy pace and to be able to live to tell about some of these adventures.  


It gave me a special appreciation for all moms who venture out to do things with their kids and spouses because the outings are things that they know the other members of the family love doing. 
  
So, here's a shout out to Janie today for countless camping trips under nutty conditions or times she gave it a try out on the river because she knew that it was something that the rest of us enjoyed.  Nana, I know you have also had your fair share too of being a good sport for the good of the group. 
THANK YOU! 



What's not to love about this?! :) 





whizzing past me... 

needless to say, this is a hill that I did not try... :) 
Jason rocks. 







No comments:

Post a Comment