Friday, September 14, 2012

metaphors

 This summer has been a time when I have done so much scrubbing and cleaning and painting and picking up pieces of broken things.  I have had time to consider what a metaphor this is for my life.  I too have been broken.  I have been scrubbed down with His Spirit and cleansed.  I rejoice that I am being made new.  There are still scuff marks and lots of places that need polishing.  I am not all that I will be and there are still broken pieces.  But...I am learning the art of gratitude, of celebration, and of running to God, and I am praying for grace as the dance goes on… 

another canister from my friend Nicola that is holding some favorite tea and that serves as a great reminder of perspective! 

Taylor in our breakfast nook in the kitchen... (the walls are a work in progress! We are almost done with the living room and then we will move into the hallway tomorrow. Next week perhaps we can get the dining room done... one step at a time, we are pulling this house together!) 

break from the organizing and painting today at the Hutchinson's house... 




No comments:

Post a Comment