Sunday, November 2, 2014

Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing

One of the best things about being a parent is getting to read children's books with Anna and Taylor and getting to hear words afresh right alongside them. Here is something I read to Anna on Friday morning from a sweet little devotional book we have called Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing: 

Does it ever seem to you that nothing in your life is right?
When things go wrong, God knows we might start to wonder-- Does God care about me? Can he do anything about it anyway?
So God makes you this promise to hold on to- a life raft for his children in a storm.
I am not hurting you. 
I have a Good Plan for you and a Bright Future for you. 
I am planning unending good for you in your life! 
Things are not always as they seem.
But God is always up to something big. Always up to something good.
-Sally Lloyd Jones

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)



No comments:

Post a Comment