Monday, December 22, 2014

more good words from Brene Brown....

"As I think about my own life and reflect upon what many of the people around me are going through this Christmas, it’s clear that struggle doesn’t take off for the holidays. The gremlins don’t go on vacation. Checks bounce, chemotherapy appointments are scheduled, relationships keep unravelling, being alone feels even lonelier, and the “never enoughs” are in full swing.  As I prepare to spend the next few days with my family and friends, I’ve decided to find my holiday magic in the mess; to practice love and gratitude with the special group of folks who keep showing up and loving me, not despite my vulnerabilities, but because of them." -Brene Brown 



FOUR TIMES that we have tried to see friend here in Nashville, we have gotten the word that someone has had a fever or the flu... So, we've had to postpone some visits and also just carry hand sanitizer around... Good grief! Go away, germs. :) 

 Anna and Caroline on Halcyon Ave...

a duet 

thankful hearts... 


a sunny afternoon with the dogs 


  


(celebratory selfie)......welcoming Jim at the airport!





No comments:

Post a Comment