Monday, June 15, 2015

Princess Bride and Avoiding Stairs

This quote sums up the Light at the End of the Tunnel training and the race yesterday so well: 

"It is only through hardship, through discouragement, through exhaustion, that we learn to draw on the power of God’s Spirit within us.  It is only when we come to the end of our own strength, and even then refuse to give up, that we discover God’s strength.  “When we are weak, then we are strong”… Hardships make us bitter… or better. They lead us to breakdown…or to breakthrough. If we don’t give up at that breaking point when we feel we’ve reached the end of our own resources, we find a new aliveness, the life of the risen Christ rising within us."  
–Brian McLaren We Make the Road By Walking


Here is what my training plan says for today: 
Taylor was very kind to help me down the stairs as I walked him to the bus.
Though I am hobbling around like an old lady today and am reminded of Westley in Princess Bride when he is "mostly dead" and is stumbling through the castle in his attempt to rescue Buttercup, 
my heart is definitely filled to the brim with gratitude today! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yokQ0_8__ts


I wrote this blog post for Anna on May 26 with the Princess Bride theme... 
Giving thanks for the miracle that was given! :) 


May 26, 2015 
I thought about this hilarious couple from Princess Bride today.... with all my aches and pains over the last few weeks, I feel like it will take a miracle to pull off this marathon. 

But I'm holding on to hope and I know that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel! 

Praying for you, Anna, that you will find that light along the way 
and that you will pray for miracles with hope and trust in God (and a little bit of pixie dust). :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment