Tuesday, April 24, 2018

just because it's Tuesday

I was handed down two lovely quilts from Gingie a number of years ago. They were on twin beds in her room growing up. I called Gingie this morning to confirm and she let me know that she is pretty sure that they were made by Nana (my great grandmother).  We used them on the little toddler bed when Anna and Taylor were little, but through the years, they have gotten tattered and worn out.  Rather than throwing them out, I have been able to salvage a few piecces to make some banners, and I delivered one to my friend Catherine today.
I loved that she was home today for me to drop it off because it wasn't a birthday or an anniversary but just a regular old Tuesday.  Gifting this on an ordinary day seemed appropriate to tie a ribbon on the day and celebrate.  


No comments:

Post a Comment