Thursday, May 30, 2019

Superheroes in our midst

Today at my last supervisor meeting that I led for the school year, I showed this TED talk in which "children's book author Jarrett Krosoczka shares the origins of the Lunch Lady graphic novel series, in which undercover school heroes serve lunch...and justice! His new project, School Lunch Hero Day, reveals how cafeteria lunch staff provide more than food, and illustrates how powerful a thank you can be." 

My favorite words from the talk were his concluding remarks: "I hope that you remember how powerful a thank you can be. A thank you can change a life. It changes the life of the person who receives it, and it changes the life of the person who expresses it." 

As a way to say thank you to this amazing group of people I get to work with at SPU, I gathered notes of thanks from our students and surprised the supervisors with superhero capes along with the letters. What a fun way to celebrate the end of the year! 










No comments:

Post a Comment