Saturday, September 21, 2019

The oceans are rising and so are we

I got this email this morning from one of my favorite teachers that Anna had at Eckstein. 

"I was at the climate strike yesterday and saw Anna there and wanted to share the pictures from the strike with you. 

I was striking today "because young people have asked us to. In a well-ordered society, when kids make a reasonable request their elders should say yes--in this case with real pride and hope that the next generations are standing up for what matters."

I was striking today because science is real. Physics exists. Chemistry matters.

You matter, I tell my students. You matter.

I have always let my students be my teachers. I will not let them down. It matters.

I wanted to say how incredibly proud I am of them.

I teach because I believe in their future, and that they will rise up to change it.

Thank you.

In peace and learning,
With gratitude,
Jessica

Jessica Levine
National Board Certified Teacher
6th Grade Science
Eckstein Middle School
Seattle Public Schools
Seattle, WA

Ms. Levine, Lindsay and Anna 





No comments:

Post a Comment