Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Lent 2021

Next Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent 2021.  I've put together another collection of quotes that I gathered over the last year.  It is called “FORTY-12” because it is the twelfth one of these that I have compiled, and it is meant to be read over a period of 40 days, whether that be the season of Lent or during any other season of the year when you want to carve out some space for reflection and listening. These quotes are from some of the books, websites and blogs I have been reading over the past year, and they reflect some of the truths that I want to sink deeper into my heart. I read somewhere that “Christianity is one beggar telling another beggar where he found bread,” and this collection is my simple offering of some bread for your journey as you listen to God’s voice in this world. 

So whatever season you are in, may these words bring you restoration and renewal, and may they be a means of cultivating trust in your heart.  May God lead you, guide you and keep you as you soak these words up over the next 40 days.   As one of my favorite authors says so well: “I hope and pray that you who read these meditations will discover many connections with your own spiritual journey, even when that journey is very different from my own.  I trust that these connections will make you aware that we are traveling together toward the Light, always encouraging each other to keep our eyes fixed on the One who is calling us home.”  -Henri Nouwen Here and Now 

 

You can download a copy of it through google drive here

 

May God lead you by the hand and hold your hand tight....




No comments:

Post a Comment