Friday, March 18, 2022

Birthday Liturgy

Two years ago, when I hosted my annual birthday gathering with friends for a time of prayer (and wine and chocolate), it was so surreal as things were just about to shut down here in WA with the news of Covid. Last year, I just hosted a few friends from the neighborhood on the front porch for this time (as we gathered there for everything for a season!) as most folks were not vaccinated yet and we could not gather inside. So, this year, I invited the women from my small group that has been going for the last 10 years and the women from my Lectio neighborhood group that we started during Covid. It was such a sweet time with these beautiful people. 

May this be a year of hope, of expectation, relishing each moment as a gift from you. May this be a year of freedom, of breaking free,  loosening the chains that still surround us. May this be a year of peace, of wholeness,  knowing that our lives are in your hands. May this be a year of joy, of blessing, living in your kingdom as a child of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment