Tuesday, April 2, 2024

April Fools' Day 2024



I brought out a dessert plate last night to the table and asked Sikose to take the Girl Scout cookies from their box and add them to the plate. She was very surprised to find carrots tucked in there neatly instead! (Not one of my better April Fools' pranks but still some good laughter around the table! And Willow was delighted to take them off our hands). 






Some of our other past favorites: 
2022- no tear toilet paper 


2020 - Office Photo Swap for our family photos all over the house


2019- Rubber snakes in their lunch containers 
 

2019 Prank Texts - the Daily Llama 
.....from an idea on Buzzfeed where I pulled the April Fool's prank off by sending Anna, Taylor and Jason random texts to make them think they'd subscribed to something.  I used Google Voice to create a fake phone number so that they would not know who was behind it.

Anna blocked me and Taylor ignored it, but Jason took the bait and texted back and even called back to get off the list. Meanwhile, it provided some great comic relief as I was laughing out loud in my office.

Then here was my response..... 


I was not willing to let it die so I sent a couple more texts.... 


That night, I asked Anna and Jason if they had received some strange texts and they both said, "Oh yeah! That was weird. It was spam or something." I went along with it for about 30 seconds asking what it was all about but then could not keep it from them any longer and I fessed up. 
SO FUNNY. 
Taylor did not suspect it because he did not think of me as that tech savvy. 
APRIL FOOLS'! 


2017 Changing the Phone lock screen on the kids' phones: 



2016 Spongy Chocolate (clean sponges cut into squares and covered with chocolate 

2016 Taylor's prank to get me back


2015 Top Pot box of doughnuts filled with vegetables 
While Poppy loved the treats, Taylor was not so thrilled.... 

and a word search that is impossible to solve 😂

2014
gauze eye pads.... 


I also told them that I made a fun treat for breakfast this morning... 

a pan of "brownies"... 

BROWN  E'S 


2013- purple cow (food coloring in the milk), spare change glued to the floor, fake food in their lunches, and  buggy toothpaste (a raisin in the tube of toothpaste)

2012- food coloring at the bottom of the bowl so that when they poured their cereal it turned gross colors


2011- swapping beds! 
I switched Taylor and Anna in their beds in the middle of the night in 2011. 


Taylor was mad to wake up among the flowers in 2011...




a wormy apple in 2011 (an apple in their lunches with a gummy worm) 


2010- lots of mischief--- toothpaste in the oreos, holes in their cups...  


2009- carrots in their treat box for lunch and other tricks at breakfast


2008- candy peas and carrots 



2006- frozen breakfast - (the milk under the cereal was frozen and 
then I put fresh milk on top to pull that trick)


No comments:

Post a Comment