Monday, May 20, 2013

The I-5 Colonnade

When we were in TN, Jason had read an article about the I-5 Colonnade Mountain Bike Park which is a cool use of urban space for mountain biking. He tracked it down a few weeks ago and it has become a favorite spot for him to take the kids for some good playtime. I went for the first time with them on Saturday and it was amazing to me to see the trails and ramps the kids were trying out. I admit there were a few times when I had to hold my breath and pray that we would not have to go to the E.R., but overall, the determination and persistence that I saw them put into practice was awesome.  I loved seeing them take risks and try new things. (And best of all, it is a great thing bonding thing they have with Jason!) 



The Colonnade is located between the Capitol Hill and Eastlake neighborhoods, under the I-5 freeway, more or less below St Mark's Cathedral. It's where Lakeview Blvd turns underneath the freeway and turns into Boylston Ave. There are multiple entrances, but the best for parking is on the east side of the park off of Lakeview Blvd E.



This was impressive to me to watch them navigate these paths... 





I love a biker girl who still stops to pick flowers... 









Taylor donning his cool helmet he saved up for... I might have picked out something smaller, but he loves it. All I can say is that it definitely protects his head! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment