Tuesday, July 7, 2015

a kiss on the forehead

Anna left around noon yesterday for her horseback riding trip this week in Leavenworth.  When Taylor woke up to go to soccer camp for the morning over in Queen Anne, Anna was still asleep.  I took him to camp and then came home to help Anna pack. 

Before she left, she told me that she was half awake when Taylor snuck in her room yesterday morning (unbeknownst to me) and gave her a kiss on the forehead.  She must not have opened her eyes because Taylor did not say anything to her. He just slipped out of the room and closed the door.  

When she shared this with me, she was so moved by it and said how sweet it was. So thankful for this little window.... (especially because there are those other times when Taylor knows just how to get under her skin and make her upset!)  

Jason is often the one who will go in when they are asleep and give them kisses on the forehead.  I imagine many a night when they too know he is there but pretend to still be asleep and are so comforted by this tender gesture of love.  

Below are a few pictures I found of Taylor's first week when Anna was the one who gave Taylor kisses on the forehead.  


Long before he laid down earth’s foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Ephesians 1:3 (The Message) 

and a favorite poem is below to share too.... 

KEEPING WATCH
In the morning
when I began to wake,
it happened again–
that feeling
that you, Beloved,
had stood over me all night
keeping watch,
that feeling
that as soon as I began to stir
you put your lips on my forehead
and lit the Holy Lamp
inside my heart.
- Hafiz

No comments:

Post a Comment