Tuesday, July 26, 2016

trust

The great teacher of ethics John Kavanaugh visited Mother Teresa while working for three months at her “house of the dying” in Calcutta. He was seeking clarity from God on the direction for his future. She asked him, “What can I do for you?”
He asked, “Pray that I have clarity.”
Mother Teresa said firmly, “No. I will not do that.” He was surprised and asked her why. She explained, “Clarity is the last thing you are clinging to and must let go of.”
Taken aback, he said, “But you seem to have clarity from God.”
Mother Teresa laughed, “I have never had clarity; what I have always had is trust. So I will pray that you trust God.” (Brendan Manning, Ruthless Trust )

pictures from Sunday morning at Sun's house 


sweet Poppy who puts up with a lot! 



new favorite game- Dutch Blitz! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment