Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hues of SPU

Can I just say how much fun my friend and colleague Peg Achterman is?!! .. I emailed her this past week to ask her if she was up for doing the "Hues of SPU" fun run with me. (This was SPU's second annual "color run" as a part of the first week of school festivities). She was totally game, and we showed up together on campus Friday evening to run with our white shirts ready to have colored powder doused on us by students. We were a couple of the only professors who showed up, but we did not care and were soaking up the sunshine before the official start. The problem was that we thought it was starting at 6:00 p.m. but the start was pretty casual and it did not start until around 6:15- 6:20ish. I had to be in Fremont to pick up Anna by 6:45 so we knew we could not wait around too long. Peg took the bull by the horns, looked at the course map and led the way for us to go on through the course first. As we got to the first color station, Peg shouted out that we were doing a "test run" to help the students get ready for all the runners coming through in about 15 minutes.  We had a ball and made it through the course in plenty of time to then start with the students and see some of the fun they were having before we had to leave. Life's more fun with people like Peg in it! Go team! (These pictures crack me up too because it looks like I was cutting her off as we were making a turn into the orange color station. I was just trying to avoid getting this stuff in my eyes... I promise this was a fun run and that this was not a serious competition!)





































No comments:

Post a Comment