Sunday, December 25, 2016

Lessons from a Christmas Tree



 This might just be one of my favorite memories this Christmas.  Late yesterday afternoon, Anna went with Janie to the grocery for a few last minute items for our Christmas meal preparations.  Anna asked if she could get a few things to make a present.  We then went to the Christmas Eve service and came back for dinner. After we cleaned up from the meal, Anna got out the supplies that Janie had bought for her and starting mixing them up to try to make a lotion that she had found some directions for.  It was 9:30 p.m. and Janie was helping her mix up the coco butter, coconut oil and peppermint oil to make a lotion to give for Christmas (as a gift for me, my mom and my sister-in-law here). At one point, Janie said, "Isn't this just the sweetest gift?" It was then that I was over by the sink doing the dishes washing out the bowl that had the remnants of the coconut butter in it, and I started crying. Isn't this exactly what wonderful grandmothers do? They take their grandchildren and buy the ingredients for a gift (that is meant for them) and then they help in the making of these gifts (that they will act surprised the next morning on Christmas when they open them up), and they think it is the greatest thing (even though it is late at night and they are tired and they still need to stuff the stockings for Christmas morning.) 
I delight in watching my mom's joy in being a grandmother, and I am thankful for the way she loves Anna and Taylor.  

  


Christmas morning 2016 
love the joy on Taylor's face when giving a present this morning 

  



Christmas evening in Nashville 













No comments:

Post a Comment