Friday, December 9, 2016

Winter Wonderland

 

While it was magical to be here in my cozy hat and scarf and to see the snow piling up outside last night and while I loved going for a run in my polar fleece jester hat this morning, I know there are some people out in Seattle tonight who don't have a roof over their heads, and the snow is not a welcome friend but an enemy. I am thankful for this beautiful gift outside while also mindful that it's a mixed blessing for sure. 




                   
Last night, my core group girls came over we read from Luke 1:39-56. I was struck with Mary's anticipation, with the joy she had even though there was so much unknown ahead in the mystery of what had begun in her. She was filled with wisdom and knew she was walking on holy ground. 

Before I went to bed last night, I headed out to walk in the snow for a moment of prayer for those who are cold in this season and for a moment to recognize the holy ground we walk on. May we all have moments to pray for those in need as we keep watch in this Advent season and to recognize that the very ground we walk on is holy indeed.



SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment