Friday, May 5, 2017

our garden gnome

When we were in Nashville,  I was in one of our favorite toy stores there and I saw a little stuffed gnome that caught my attention immediately. I showed it to Anna and we decided on the spot that we would share it and could hide it back and forth for each other. This little gnome has already had a lot of adventures in the last month- hiding in Anna's lunch, in the hallway, above Anna's door, in my underwear drawer, in the bathroom, on my desk.... Sometimes, it has been an easy find, but other times, the little guy has kept his hiding spot for days until one of us has to give a hint to the other to free him and give him some fresh air. I look forward to stuffing him in Anna's bag this summer to go to Costa Rica.  If we keep this going for another 4 years, I'll be planning a spot to hide it for her in a college dorm room.  I hope this can always be a reminder of home and of good times shared together and simply of the fact that she is loved so very much.  If it can serve that purpose, it might just be the best $7.99 I ever spent. :) 















No comments:

Post a Comment