Sunday, January 13, 2019

seizing the day

We had a gorgeous sunny day here in Seattle. Anna had gone to a dance class downtown and had seen how gorgeous Lake Union was on her drive back home. I arrived home from my weekend away shortly before she did, and when she walked in the door, she told me that she wanted to go kayaking to soak up some of the sunshine in Seattle. It took me a minute to realize that her request was for today, and this was one of those "Why not?" kind of crazy responses as we jumped into action to squeeze into our afternoon. We realized that we only had about an hour to pull the whole thing off of loading boats, paddling, and getting back in time for small group, but we did it and had such a good time making this memory together. It was pretty spectacular, and I'm so glad I have a partner in crime who also loves to seize the day....
picture Anna took of Lake Union on her drive back from class this afternoon 










No comments:

Post a Comment