Saturday, July 16, 2022

Mount Rainier Half

I got up around 3:15 a.m. to get to a half marathon near Mt. Rainier that started at 6 a.m. that I signed up to do with Lillian and her daughter Lila (as they are in town for a family vacation). Originally, Anna and I were going to head over and do this together with them for a mother/daughter run, but since she had the opportunity to be on the Beyond Malibu trip this week, I went solo.  Such a fun run (and it was Lila's first half marathon!!) and a great day to be with the Gilmers exploring parts of Mt. Rainier National Park . Whew! What a day! 



with Lillian and Lila at 6 a.m. at the start line 

at mile 10 

crossing the finish line with Lillian :) 


text I sent to Jason and Janie this morning 


So funny! Lillian and I both placed in our age division 
(even though this was not a speedy run for us--- pays to be in an older age division!!) 




This is what Lila posted on her Strava account today after the race! 😂


afternoon hike to Snow Lake near Mt. Rainier 


with Hannah, Emi, Lillian and Nate 



such a fun day together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment