Saturday, November 26, 2022

Thanksgiving Holiday 2022, cont.

Looking back through our notebook of Thanksgiving letters that we have from the past 26 years, I came across this one from 2016 where I quoted Andrew Peterson in my reflections that bears repeating here:  "I sat down a few days ago to record my memories of the last year. My initial impulse was to write down all the good stuff, the successes, and the happy surprises. Then I started writing down the bad stuff, and I felt a pang of guilt because I was more or less complaining. Then I began to see all the ways the bad memories had shaped me and my family, the way they had given birth to redemptive moments. Remembering the good is important but you can too easily paint a false picture. Remembering the bad can turn into a litany of complaints. The trick is to remember it all and to remember the hard stuff in the right way, because sometimes the bad is where the great is hiding."  


The colors on our run to the Arboretum on Friday were spectacular! 

Camellias blooming in November

Taylor at the World Cup Watch Party at the Hestad's



prank gift boxes that keep on giving :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment