Friday, September 1, 2023

Magical Garden

There is a garden that brings this neighborhood so much joy on the corner of NE Naomi Pl. and 20th Ave NE (just across the pedestrian bridge).  The colors are pretty specular, and it is such a delight through all the seasons (but it really shows off in the spring and summer).  The other day when I was walking by it with a neighbor, I remembered this book pictured below called The Maybe Garden that was a favorite of ours when Anna and Taylor were little. I tried to track down a copy so I could leave it at the doorstep of the amazing gardener in our neighborhood, but I found that it was out of print. So, I made color copies of the pages of our book and bound it together into a little homemade version, and Jason and I walked down there early this evening to drop it off. I knocked on the door, and Susan (the magical gardener) opened the door holding her granddaughter (only 10 days old!).  We had the most delightful conversation, and she told us that it was her late husband who had the vision for the garden over 20 years ago. They were also instrumental in getting the bridge on 20th to be a pedestrian bridge. So grateful for people who bring such light and color to this world! 





 



 



  



 



 



 



 



 







No comments:

Post a Comment