Saturday, November 18, 2023

Crazy Yes

Last week, Anna called me and asked me if I thought she could run a marathon if she’d only run 15 miles, and I told her I was probably not the best person to ask (as I ran my first marathon in college after only running 16 miles for my longest run in my training).  She told me she was considering signing up for a marathon outside of LA in Big Bear as she’d heard it was beautiful, and I told her that while it was a bit nuts, I thought she could pull it off.

A couple days later, I woke up with a spontaneous crazy idea to see if I could make it work to fly down to run alongside her in her first marathon and help her get to the finish line. Upon finding a great deal on airline tickets, I told her about this harebrained idea, and she was so excited.


5:45 am at the start 

around mile 2-3 bright and early 













It was my 13th marathon today, and it felt so appropriate because Anna was born on the 13th, and we’ve always loved the number 13 because of that calling her our “Baker’s Dozen.” Today was definitely a Baker’s Dozen kind of day--- so many unexpected gifts.  





No comments:

Post a Comment