Saturday, January 11, 2014

sparks of possibility

many thanks to Janie for sharing this with us today... 
absolutely perfect words for the day! 


He mounted the cherubim and flew;
     he soared on the wings of the wind.
-2 Samuel 22:11
 
And something started in my soul,
fever or forgotten wings,
and I made my way,
deciphering
that fire,
and I wrote the first faint line,
faint, without substance, pure
nonsense,
pure wisdom
of someone who knows nothing,
and I suddenly saw
the heavens
unfastened
and open.
- Pablo Neruda, "Poesia"
 
Isn't that what faith is?  
Walking right up to the edge of our present circumstance, closing our eyes,
seeing the bright-red sparks of possibility dance beneath our lids, feeling the embrace of a God who wants ever greater and greater and greater things for us, whispering as silent prayer; then, we leap.  And the heavens open.

Dear God, let me write the first line.  Make the first move.  Speak the first word.  Love newly, radically.  Let me leap, and let the heavens unfasten, and open.  Amen.
-Joshua Dubois   ‘The President’s Devotional’
 
a sweet ice skating date with Anna today 










 



No comments:

Post a Comment