Sunday, August 30, 2015

reset button

On Saturday, we went to get school supplies that we still needed to check off the list before school starts soon. There was some indecision when it came to Anna picking out a notebook (I can't imagine where she gets that! :) and some frustration from Taylor about negotiating for a few items that he wanted to get.  After a bit of prodding in the store, we reached some resolution for them both and talked about better communication that they could use in the future.  As we got in the car, they surprised me by apologizing and then giving each other a little tap on the nose and telling me that they pushed their "reset" buttons.  We had an experience like this two summers ago , and I love that this has now become part of our family vocabulary. I need a reset button at least once a day- so glad that we can help each other begin again. :) 
hamming it up at home when I asked them to push the reset button 



No comments:

Post a Comment