Monday, September 11, 2017

Happy New Year!

I got to hop in the car this morning to head to Whidbey Island for SPU's annual faculty retreat at Camp Casey.  This is officially the beginning of the new school year for faculty so the greeting of "Happy New Year" was shared at opening chapel this morning. I feel so very grateful to get to be a part of a school that starts the year off with a gathering for prayer and thanksgiving and that sets aside this time to invest in relationships and community. 
morning commute with Mike and Sarah 

picnic with amazing salmon and a view that is really hard to beat 

song from chapel this morning: 
Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me. 
Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me. 
Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me. 
Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me. 

prayer of confession this morning shared by faculty: 
Most merciful God, we confess our sin and the sin of this world. Although Christ is our peace, we are people divided against ourselves as we cling to the values of a broken world. We acknowledge we are more apathetic than active, isolated than involved, callous than compassionate, obstinate than obedient, legalistic than loving.  We confess that too often our words and actions are not consistent with our beliefs.  Forgive us, we pray. Empower us to reach out in love and acceptance through your name. Amen. 



afternoon run from Camp Casey to Ebey's Landing--
 I felt like a kid in a candy shop with all beauty to explore! 


a light on a hill (the sun reflecting on the house across the meadow)



No comments:

Post a Comment