Sunday, March 4, 2018

Hot Chocolate Run 2018


Last fall, I was at a faculty tea at SPU and got to sit with my friend and colleague Peg Achterman.  I was checking in with her about how she was doing battling lymphoma and managing her treatment.  She asked me if I knew of any races in the spring that could be good goals for motivation after she was done with her treatment, and I thought the Hot Chocolate run would be a great option since we've had so much fun with it in 2013 and 2014.  So, we signed up and roped Anna to do it with us too.  I also told Peg that if we were going to do it, we must have costumes to carry on our tradition with this fun race, and Peg was game.  So, then it was up to me to figure out a clever costume for three that had something to do with chocolate, and I found this crazy s'more costume.  Needless to say, we had a ball this morning celebrating Peg with this goal for her post treatment training and celebrating her spirit.  She was the best marshmallow ever! 




chocolate chip "shots" passed out near Pike Place Market  

It was funny to hear comments as we ran by folks. If we got "out of order" (not having the marshmallow in the middle), a few people would shout out for us to get back in order. :) 




treats given at the post-race party-- best medal ever to get chocolate at the finish line! 





pictures below from 2013 and 2014 




No comments:

Post a Comment