Thursday, December 19, 2019

Expanding the Neighborhood

About a month ago, a few of us in the neighborhood sent out a "save the date" text to some neighbors to toast Jason and Malia (who live on 16th Ave NE with us) to celebrate Malia's pregnancy with twins.  We set the date for December 19th for a neighborhood happy hour, and then two weeks ago, Malia found out that they were going to deliver the babies early and that they were going to induce the night of the 19th. Malia still wanted to have the party, and so we stuck to the original plan and had the most wonderful gathering tonight to toast them and pray for them before they went to the hospital. When they left our house, they went to tuck their 2 1/2 year old into bed, and they headed to the hospital to get induced!! 
WHAT A SEND OFF! 

My toast for them tonight was reminiscing back to when I had gone into early stages of labor with Taylor in the middle of the night on May 22, 2005.  I could not call any friends without waking them up in the US as it was 2 am so I called my friend Kerry who was in Scotland-- the time change there meant it was a reasonable time to call her.  I shared with her some of my fears and shared that I did not know if I was ready for this. She was wonderful and prayed for me that God would expand my heart as He was expanding our family.  So- this was our prayer for Malia and Jason that God would expand their hearts to welcome these two little boys as He was expanding their family.... 
I made two blankets for the twins and we gave these to them tonight as part of the celebration. 

How fun that Aidan came!! 

prayers for the twins about to be born! 





No comments:

Post a Comment