Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Heroes Among Us

It certainly was a big day for our country, and I got to listen to Lady Gaga sing the National Anthem this morning as I was driving to another doctor's appointment. When I was in the waiting room at Swedish, I got to see Biden get sworn into office and got a little teary seeing Kamala Harris do the same. And Amanda Gorman hit it out of the park with her poetry. 




And then I went to get my stress test done for my appointment today. It's 21 minutes on a treadmill- with three minute intervals getting harder each time. My nurses were AMAZING and were rooting for me to get through all the levels.  And- good news is that I passed with flying colors today (not only with the test but with the results that I got back showing a very healthy heart). One nurse (Leo) on the right in the picture below told me that he's never seen a woman get through all 7 levels.  They even gave me a plastic Hawaiian lei to congratulate me. I can't even express how awesome it was to be with a group of nurses cheering for me who also had a sense of humor--- not to mention that they gave me a party favor on the way out! 



While I was in the waiting room, I read this article about the very honoring memorial service last night for the 400,000 people who have died from COVID-19 in the US in this past year.  I agree 100% with Biden's tribute below to nurses. Heroes- every single one of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment