Friday, January 29, 2021

Little Free Art Gallery

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Abby in North Carolina sent me an article from the Washington Post about a Little Free Art Gallery on Queen Anne. That week, I was meeting a couple of SPU freshmen from my fall class to connect, and I convinced them each to walk up the hill to check it out with me.  Upon finding it for the first time, my student and I happened upon the artist herself being interviewed for a local news show. They wanted to get our impression seeing it for the first time, and so we got to be part of the news clip! When I had my second meeting with another student just an hour later, we walked up the hill again as I was so entranced and wanted to share it with her.  When we got there, the art had changed inside the little art gallery and was totally different. 

Anna and I went up today, and again, we found that there was beautiful brand new art. Apparently, the artist and curator who created the Little Free Art Gallery in front of her house said that she has seen more than 100 pieces of free art change hands in a matter of weeks. We left a few little canvases that we had made with our hand lettering. 

I absolutely love the creativity in this city!

You can find this new little Seattle treasure on the corner of 1st Ave N. and Garfield on Queen Anne. 

art from January 21. 2021 



art an hour later on January 21, 2021 

finishing touches in the car for our contribution today 

art on January 29, 2021 

I added the "breathe" canvas and Anna added the "I love you." 


can't wait to go again soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment