Friday, March 3, 2023

Sweet Homecoming

SUCH a gift to have Taylor home with us as he got back from his epic trip to Northern Ireland last night. We loved getting to sit around the table and hear some of the initial stories that he shared. We are so grateful that he got to have this amazing experience! 






email from David Grosskopf (one of the teachers who chaperoned the trip) today... 

March 3, 2023

Dear HFB parents of our Northern Ireland travelers,

 

              I had such a lovely experience and hints of the profound with your children in Northern Ireland. I’m emailing you now with no agenda but appreciation.

              I arrived at home last night relieved to have no clock or child to monitor, and maybe to have a drink of something I didn’t in all those two weeks. But I just drank more tea, and I find myself missing the group.

              They are kind, funny, thoughtful, loving, and weird. I’ve grown fond of the quirks and generosities that have become familiar. You must have missed them so.

              They’re some smart bunnies. And in case you worry about a next looming step outside of your immediate care, I want to say I’ve observed hearts and minds that serve their lives and communities richly, right now. Right now.

              I just this morning posted my last couple of blog entries. Sorry they’ve been late. All of my posts have been incompletely edited copies of the posts from my own site (where I have more control, and which started in my 2010 Fulbright teaching exchange in Hungary).

              You’ve raised these students with pride, humor, and love—it’s easy to see. Thank you for these two weeks.

 

David



No comments:

Post a Comment